Aug 17, 2010

Layered Greek Dip

I really love the flavors of Greek food and this dip has them all. I was pleasantly surprised that so many people enjoyed this dip at the party I went to. It is fresh tasting and the cucumbers and tomatoes add a nice crunch. I made this dish using fresh local organic tomatoes, and they were incredible. I've been so happy with the recipes I've been making lately. I need to make sure to take pictures so that you'll have something see and salivate over.

Layered Greek Dip

adapted from RecipeGirl.com

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (strained Greek yogurt works as well)
1 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
1½ cups prepared hummus (I used Cedars brand for Recipe Group night)
1 cup finely chopped cucumber
1 cup finely chopped tomato
½ cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
½ cup crumbled feta cheese (reduced fat is fine)
1/3 cup sliced green onions
pita chips 


Directions
1. In medium mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with rubber spatula until smooth and well-combined.

2. Spread cream cheese mixture into deep 9-inch pie plate or platter. Spread hummus on top of cream cheese layer. Sprinkle on cucumber, then tomato, olives, feta, and green onions.

3. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.


Servings: 16
Yield: About 2 1/2 cups of dip

No comments: