Jun 21, 2011

Blueberry Salsa


      If you're wondering if I'm on a blueberry kick, the answer is Yes. I got organic blueberries for a killer deal and now I'm on a quest to use the berries that aren't being stolen by grubby little fingers. Hopefully, you will be as pleased with this recipe as I was. It's a delicious twist on traditional tomato based salsa. Plus, I'm such a salsa fanatic that I have been itching to make this ever since I found the recipe.
     The salsa has sweet and fruity flavors from the blueberries. The fresh lemon juice adds a tartness that balances the sweetness of the berries. The cilantro, bell pepper and red onion meld out the flavors for a wonderful fresh tasting summer salsa.






Blueberry Salsa
source Southern Living


2 cup fresh blueberries, chopped
1 cup whole fresh blueberries
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
tortilla chips or veggies for dipping


In a large bowl, carefully combine all ingredients. You don't want to mash all the berries so stir gently. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments: