Jun 18, 2011

Manti Chicken

            Manti Turkey is a well known recipe in Utah. Manti is a city in Utah which has turkey farms and I believe that is where this recipe got its name. However, I make this with chicken breasts instead of turkey breast.  No matter which type of poultry you use, this marinade is delicious.
          My mom has been making this for as long as I can remember, and I still enjoy it. The first time I made this for Cale, he had seconds. It became a family favorite from that point on. It is quick to prepare, uses standard easy-t0-find ingredients and produces juicy full-flavor grilled chicken or turkey. Hopefully, you like it as much as we do.



Manti Turkey Marinade
source: P. Jayne (Sugar.Betty's Mom)


1 cup 7-up (I use 1 small can)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


6-8 turkey or chicken breasts


Mix together first 4 ingredients in a gallon zipper bag. Add turkey or chicken and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Grill until cooked through.

No comments: