May 10, 2011

Strawberry Salsa Bravado

   You might be wondering if my cooking ability has disappeared with the title of this post. Recently, I found a wicked:) good sale on organic strawberries.  I jumped at the opportunity and purchased 20 POUNDS. Can you believe it? I didn't even freeze any. I bought extra thinking I would freeze some, but we've been eating them like crazy. I have so many strawberry recipes for future posts that they may need their own tab. I've made them into appetizers, salads, drinks, entrees, sides and desserts and my family has enjoyed them all. I'll try to space out the strawberry recipes so you don't become sick of them.
    This salsa is tasty spooned over grilled chicken, fish or pork. You can also spoon it over avocado slices  and garnish with tortilla cihps to create a beautiful salad. 


Strawberry Salsa Bravado
adapted from Kansas City Star via CLBB


1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove ribs and seeds for mild heat)
1 1/2 cups diced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup peeled and diced mango or papaya
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
salt to taste
pinch of sugar


Gently toss the ingredients until combined. Allow salsa to stand for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: