Mar 17, 2011

Salmon Burgers




These salmon burgers were amazing. I may have eaten one for breakfast the following morning. Truthfully, I have been craving these since I made them. They are really easy and you can adapt them to fit your own personal style.  The cilantro-lime mayonnaise was really excellent. I loved the flavor of lime with the salmon.

I purchased wild salmon on sale and Whole Foods so I diced part of a large fillet for these burgers. If you don't want to cut up a beautiful fillet ask the butcher/fish monger for the end pieces. Generally, they will give you the thin pieces that they cut off of larger fillets for other customers. The end pieces are usually discounted as well.

I pan seared mine in a cast iron pan. You might even be able to put these CAREFULLY on the grill. You can serve them like other burgers with a bun, lettuce, onion, tomato. I'm avoiding extra wheat so I had mine plain on a plate. Enjoy!

I didn't measure my burgers exactly. I just chopped stuff up and put it in a bowl and mixed it all together. This is a close estimate of the amount of ingredients I put in.


Salmon Burgers


  • 2 lbs. boneless, skinless salmon, diced small
  • ½ red pepper, diced small
  • ½ yellow pepper, diced small
  • 5 scallions, thinly sliced, greens on bias
  • ½ c. mayonnaise
  • 1 egg
  • ¾ c. panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs- can be found at a regular supermarket)
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Salt and pepper

  • Cilantro-lime Mayonnaise

  •  c. mayonnaise
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped

  • Salmon Burgers: Combine all ingredients and mix together carefully not to smash the salmon.
  • Take approximately 1/2 cup portions salmon mixture and form into a patties. Heat a saute pan and brown patty on each side; cook until desired level of doneness. Keep warm until serving.

  •  Ciantro-Lime Mayonnaise: Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.

  • Toast buns and spread with cilantro-lime mayonnaise. Place salmon burger and bun and top with lettuce, tomato and purple onions.

S

No comments: