Jun 23, 2010

Lemon Corn Waffles with Mixed Berry Compote



Lemon Corn Waffles w/ Mixed Berry Compote
adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz


Ingredients
Dry ingredients
1 1/4 cups +2 Tablespoons flour (I used 2 cups of Multi Grain Mix)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cornmeal

Wet ingredients
1/4 cup corn oil (veg or canola oil will do)
2 cups soy milk (I use regular milk most times)
1/4 cup soy yogurt (I also use regular yogurt sometimes)
zest and juice from 2 lemons
1/4 cup sugar (I use Xagave)

Directions
Preheat waffle iron.

Wisk the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a medium bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients (including sugar and lemon juice/zest) until well combined. Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and slowly blend in the wet ingredients until combined.

Make your waffles according to manufacturers directions. I use a belgian waffle iron and 1 cup of batter per waffle works for me.

Serve with mixed berry compote or pure maple syrup.

No comments: