Apr 12, 2011

Mango Peach Passion

       I bet you can't guess the magic ingredient in this smoothie. The ingredient that turns it green. The ingredient that adds virtually no flavor, a little texture and a lot of nutrition.  I had Cale try; I gave him five opportunities and he never guessed it. I'll give you a couple hints: it is a vegetable, I have not used it in a smoothie recipe yet, and it makes a wonderful green smoothie.


       Ready for the answer: zucchini. Yep, zucchini is another magic vegetable, like spinach, its flavor is indistinguishable when blended with fruit. Zucchini adds vitamins A & C, calcium, iron, fiber and protein to this healthy fruit smoothie. 
Bean got a hold of the zucchini at the grocery store. Poor thing took a beating.
       This smoothie is fruity and full of tropical flavors. It is refreshing and a sweet treat that I feel good about having in the morning. I love starting my morning off with a smoothie and a poached egg. When I fuel my body with the vitamins and energy it needs I'm a much more productive and happy person. I'm sure you will love this smoothie as much as I do.


Mango Peach Passion Smoothie


1 banana
1 cup frozen mangoes
1 cup frozen peaches
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/4-1/2 cup orange juice, depending on how thick you like your smoothie
1-2 medium zucchinis, roughly sliced


Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you use 2 zucchinis you may need a little extra juice or water to thin the consistency. Enjoy!

No comments: